- Drink lots of water.
- Stretch regularly.
- Make sure you have your book, i phone, mp3 player or whatever you want to do nearby especially on a long flight.
- Have the medication you need to take with your meal at hand (and not above in the stowaway like I did on the journey to Asia). I needed to take my malarone (anti malaria medication) with my breakfast. Do read my earlier post about My Respect for Malaria.
- Keep your camera at hand just in case you want to take shots out of the window, just like this photo above.
- Take "patience"with you. It is handy when you wait in long queues.
- Take a pair of socks with you, if you are lucky you will get a pair for free.
- I always have some toiletries in my hand luggage.
- Make sure you switch off your cell phone, and that you know the code to switch it on with.
- Take along your passport!
I just discovered that Heidi Sand-Hart started a new blog called Globebug and it is dedicated to her love of travel. Heidi is an adult third culture kid too and is the author of the book "Home Keeps Moving".
For those traveling: have a good journey. Try to make the most of it.It's really amazing that we can fly and see so many different parts of the world. I'm sure there are more tips, do you know some more? Please share them. What do you always take in your hand luggage?